Explore Human Resource Management
Gain deeper understanding of the role of human resources in organizational leadership, and learn how to use HR functions to advance the mission and strategic goals of the organization with a graduate certificate in human resource management.
This certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program, or can be embedded in Champlain's online MBA and master's in human relations & organization development programs.
Build Your Career Future
The role of HR within organizations is continuing to shift from purely administrative functions to becoming a strategic partner in attaining organizational goals. Take the next step in your human resources career with a comprehensive graduate certificate.
A graduate certificate is a great way to highlight in-demand skills and showcase subject matter expertise, as well as gain knowledge that can be applied to your workplace from day one.
Fast Start Formula Career Bundle
Propel your career even further by upgrading your certificate with our Fast Start Formula Career Bundle designed to get you noticed and get you hired. Gain access to the Fast Start Formula Career Course, the Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook, live webinars with "hot seat" coaching by Executive Career Coach Jen Morris and a one-year membership to the leading job search website for remote and flexible jobs, Flex Jobs.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named the Best Private Online College by Intelligent.com
Accomplish More with a Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
Employment in human resources occupations is projected to grow by 10% percent from 2020 to 2030.*
A specialized certificate can help you build new skills, differentiate your resume, and demonstrate your value as an employee in your current organization.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2020
Top Reasons to Earn a Graduate Certificate
- Climb the career ladder
- Build new skills
- Earn a recognized credential
- Differentiate your resume
- Test a new field
- Pursue a passion
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online human resource management graduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online human resource management courses encompass the top skills needed by today's HR professionals.
Required Courses (12 Credits):
To gain a foundation for the Human Resource certificate, students take a macro-view of the field and examine the role of an HR department as a critical strategic business partner within the organization. Students integrate concepts and current workplace issues, including using new technologies in the field; the need for a broader understanding of business and culture; and how to build and support agile teams that work effectively.
Diversity is different from inclusion and organizations often miss the real opportunity to successfully move to a culture of inclusion. Students will look at organization development theory and change models to address diversity as organizational change, thus leading to inclusive policies, practices and procedures in all dimensions of the organization. They will explore diversity as it relates to race/color/sex and will also include diversity as it relates to other facts such as appearance, generational beliefs, economic status and gender identity.
Companies are exploring human capital analytics for workforce reporting and to help make informed decisions about human resources. The continuum of value that analytics bring to an organization includes practices from basic data reporting to predictive analytics. Explore workforce reporting and both traditional and advanced decision-making analytic tools, especially predictive modeling, which make it possible for organizations to inform decision making for the future. Learn to make the business case for using advanced HR analytics.
Coaching in the workplace draws on many related fields including behavioral science, systems thinking and the study of change. After a review of those areas, students will use that foundation to develop a range of coaching tools. Learn to ask the right questions, provide applicable feedback, use a customized approach and help employees learn to independently grapple with problems and find solutions. Finally students will use coaching to deepen an individual's self-awareness to promote action and accountability.
Complete MGMT-536 MGMT-545
Graduates of the human resource management online graduate certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Integrate the expertise and value of a human resource lens into an organization's strategy to strengthen its ability to meet strategic goals.
- Envision a workplace culture that will lead to engaged workers, developing leaders, and a creative and inspiring workplace.
- Create a job description for a reflective, self-aware and engaged leader using a human resources lens and develop a personal plan to help you meet the expectations of that position.
- Reflect on and write about a leadership/coaching approach that will develop agile employees, creative teams and effective problem solvers.
- Integrate ethical frameworks into an organization's culture and problem-solving techniques.
Champlain College Online's human resources faculty, led by Program Director Dr. Linda Miller, are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our human resource management graduate curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s HR professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the field and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online certificate students for only $162 and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Membership to Flex Jobs (12-months): As the leading resource for finding remote and flexible work, Flex Jobs helps people find professional remote and flexible jobs in 50+ career fields, entry-level to executive, part-time to full-time, in the U.S. and around the world. Every job and company is researched for you to help you decide if you want to apply. Flex Jobs also offers great resources and tools like resume reviews and live customer support so you can land the remote or flexible job you want.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Continuing your education is an investment in your future. Learn more about our affordable tuition rates.
From Our Blog
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.