Explore Advanced Information Technology
Develop your advanced IT skills to address complex organizational computing needs and enter this in-demand field with Champlain's online advanced information technology degree.
This certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program, or can be used as a stepping stone on the way to obtaining your online bachelor's in computer and information systems. Please note, you must complete the Undergraduate Certificate in Information Technology Fundamentals prior to enrolling in this certificate.
Build Your Career Future
We understand how important it is for busy working adults to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, which is why our advanced information technology certificate coursework is applicable to the workplace from day one. Whether you've already earned an undergraduate degree or you're currently pursuing your bachelor's degree, an online information technology certificate is a great way to earn a credential in the field, get your resume noticed, and demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of knowledge.
Fast Start Formula Career Bundle
Propel your career even further by upgrading your certificate with our Fast Start Formula Career Bundle designed to get you noticed and get you hired. Gain access to the Fast Start Formula Career Course, the Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook, live webinars with "hot seat" coaching by Executive Career Coach Jen Morris and a one-year membership to the leading job search website for remote and flexible jobs, Flex Jobs.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named the Best Private Online College by Intelligent.com
Gain New Skills With A Certificate
Computer and information technology occupations are projected to grow 13% from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all new occupations.*
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2020
Top Reasons To Pursue A Certificate
- Enter a new field
- Build Skills
- Gain knowledge on your way toward a degree
- Differentiate your resume
- Earn a credential
- Demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of learning
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online advanced information technology undergraduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online advanced information technology courses encompass the top skills needed by today's IT professionals.
Note: Some of the courses in this program are available in 15-week terms only. Please contact your advisor for details.
Required Courses (18 Credits):
This course, through guided research and hands-on learning experiences, provides students with an understanding of operating systems, including their core fundamental principles and how they work. Students are introduced to the three most popular operating systems for personal computers (Windows, OSX and Linux), and mobile operating systems, and learn about standard functions such as memory, process/thread, input/output, storage and device management.
This hands-on course will cover the fundamentals of current Windows server systems and network administration. Topics will include the basics of installing the operating system, adding and managing users and groups, installing and managing services, Windows security objects and permissions, disaster recovery, and migration from previous versions of the operating system.
A hands-on course covering key components of the Linux operating system. Through hands-on activities students will gain a working knowledge of the Linux operating system. Topics include installation and configuration of Linux, using common commands and graphical interfaces, installing common server applications, User and group account management, as well as performance monitoring and security systems.
Examines the basic principles and methodologies used in the design of both local and wide area networks. Topics include network options, analysis, component and protocol selection, performance considerations and RFP development.
NETW-250 or NETW-260
This course covers the fundamentals of systems analysis while emphasizing the role of communication and other soft skills needed in IT and in business overall to be successful. The topics are useful for anyone who is involved in developing software system requirements and architectures (e.g., users, technical managers, product managers, technical leads, programmers, other software project team members, and clients).
CMIT-135, CMIT-200, MGMT-260
This course is an introduction to programming using the Java programming language. Topics include programming logic, selection and repetition, array processing, classes, methods, and loops. The course introduces the student to the basic concepts of object oriented programming and exception handling. The focus is on developing high quality, working software that solves real problems.
Graduates of the online advanced information technology certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Demonstrate the ability to install, configure, manage and secure Windows and Linux operating systems, including Windows Server
- Use industry best practices to design networks that are reliable, manageable, scalable, secure and safeguard data
- Develop and test Java applications to solve real-world problems
- Apply project management best practices to enhance effectiveness and efficiency
Champlain College Online's information technology faculty, led by Cybersecurity Program Chair Kathleen Hyde, MCIS, MBA, are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s IT professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the world of information technology, and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online certificate students for only $162 and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Membership to Flex Jobs (12-months): As the leading resource for finding remote and flexible work, Flex Jobs helps people find professional remote and flexible jobs in 50+ career fields, entry-level to executive, part-time to full-time, in the U.S. and around the world. Every job and company is researched for you to help you decide if you want to apply. Flex Jobs also offers great resources and tools like resume reviews and live customer support so you can land the remote or flexible job you want.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Continuing your education is an investment in your future. Learn more about our affordable tuition rates.
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.