Explore Healthcare Administration
Advance your healthcare career and strengthen your resume with a credential employers will respect. Champlain's online certificate in healthcare administration is designed to help you apply your existing knowledge and give you a foundation in the key elements of the healthcare field.
This certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program, or can be used as a stepping stone on the way to obtaining your bachelor's degree in healthcare administration online.
Build Your Career Future
We understand how important it is for busy working adults to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, which is why our healthcare administration certificate coursework is applicable to the workplace from day one. Whether you've already earned an undergraduate degree or you're currently pursuing your bachelor's degree, a healthcare administration certificate is a great way to earn a credential in the field, get your resume noticed, and demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of knowledge.
Fast Start Formula Career Bundle
Propel your career even further by upgrading your certificate with our Fast Start Formula Career Bundle designed to get you noticed and get you hired. Gain access to the Fast Start Formula Career Course, the Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook, live webinars with "hot seat" coaching by Executive Career Coach Jen Morris and a one-year membership to the leading job search website for remote and flexible jobs, Flex Jobs.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Designated the Best Online Private College by Intelligent.com
Ranked among the Most Affordable Bachelor's Degrees in Healthcare Administration
Consistently ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Degree Programs by US News & World Report
Accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Gain New Skills with a Certificate
Healthcare administration occupations are expected to grow 32% between 2019 and 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations, due to an increased demand for healthcare services as the population ages.*
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2020
Top Reasons to Pursue a Certificate
- Enter a new field
- Build new skills
- Gain knowledge on your way towards a degree
- Differentiate your resume
- Earn a credential
- Demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of learning
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online healthcare administration undergraduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online healthcare administration courses encompass the top skills needed by today's healthcare professionals.
Required Courses (16 Credits):
Students gain a systematic overview of the U.S. health care system, including the role of the public and private sectors. Federal and state health policy and legislation are examined in depth. Students develop an understanding of the complex social and environmental issues that are driving the need for quality improvement, performance measurement and the use of information systems. They become familiar with the various mechanisms through which health services are delivered and also compare the U.S. health care system to other systems outside the U.S.
Students examine the role of information systems in achieving performance improvement in health care delivery, and develop the skills necessary to manage information systems. Students learn to manage health information technology to improve patient care, comply with federal and state regulations, and increase clinical and operational efficiencies.
Students gain a systematic overview of the financial operations of common health care organizations, both public and private. They gain knowledge about various financial techniques and tools applied to health care settings including revenue stream management, budgeting and resource management allocation, and third party payer management. Students identify and analyze key issues confronting the financial management of health care systems and provide strategies for effective management of these financial challenges. This course will emphasize the intersection and integration of health resources management, both clinical and financial, in quality improvement efforts.
Complete one of these groups: HCMT-210 and MGMT-230 (Financial Systems for Management) OR HCMT-210 and ACCT-130 (Financial Acct.) and ACCT-140-(Managerial Acct.)
Human Resource professionals have to be keenly aware of the employee lifecycle (ELC) - a method used to visualize how an employee engages with a company. The first stage of the ELC is attraction. Regardless of how strong your company is, without attracting great talent, your company will fail.?The second stage, recruitment, is the period where you seek out and recruit the best talent to join your organization.
Students gain an understanding of the health care industry's organizational performance measures and assessments related to the improvement of healthcare service quality. Topics explored include traditional quality, structure and process assessments including risk management, credentialing and the role of oversight agencies; outcomes-based process improvement methods focusing on rapid-cycle tools, such as PDSA, and using small tests of change. Students apply measures and assessments directly to the complex issues and concerns of health care administration.
In the culminating course for the certificates, students will reframe knowledge and competencies from their certificate into a workable model that is applied through experiential learning models to a professional opportunity. Students will apply these competencies as professional best practice in a project that incorporates relevant research findings from the field.
Completion of 15 credits certificate content courses before enrolling in this course.
Graduates of the online healthcare administration certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Develop and apply knowledge of healthcare organizations, systems and processes to improve healthcare accessibility and delivery.
- Utilize current concepts in healthcare finance, reimbursement methodologies, cost containment and process improvement to strategically position organizations for future challenges.
- Understand current laws, accreditation, licensure and certification standards related to healthcare systems to assure organizational compliance and risk mitigation.
- Recognize quality and process improvement best practices and enact strategic and operational plans for increased operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Understand concepts of organizational development and human resource and talent management as they relate to healthcare systems and institutions, and develop and implement strategic plans that optimize performance and service delivery.
- Identify and evaluate own knowledge, skills, and abilities for application to professional practice.
Champlain College Online's healthcare faculty are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our healthcare administration certificate curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s healthcare professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the world of healthcare, and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Alumni of the Champlain College Online undergraduate healthcare certificate program work in corporations, small businesses, government organizations, and nonprofits nationwide, including:
- American Red Cross
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
- Copley Hospital
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Gifford Medical Center
- Humana, Inc.
- Lahey Clinic
- North Country Hospital
- Quest Diagnostics
- University of Vermont Medical Center
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- U.S. Navy
Titles our alumni hold include:
- Clinical Manager
- Inclusion Health Assistant
- Intake Coordinator
- Licensed Optician
- Nurse Manager
- Nursing Unit Director
- Practice Supervisor
- Radiologic Technologist
- Sr. Project Consultant
- Utilization Specialist
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online certificate students for only $162 and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Membership to Flex Jobs (12-months): As the leading resource for finding remote and flexible work, Flex Jobs helps people find professional remote and flexible jobs in 50+ career fields, entry-level to executive, part-time to full-time, in the U.S. and around the world. Every job and company is researched for you to help you decide if you want to apply. Flex Jobs also offers great resources and tools like resume reviews and live customer support so you can land the remote or flexible job you want.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Continuing your education is an investment in your future. Learn more about our affordable tuition rates.
From Our Blog
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.